In line with the objective of MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology, the Office of Sports, Physical Fitness, and Recreation was created to provide its constituents a regular program that will develop their physical well-being, promote and preserve their vitality, strengthen character and discipline through physical activity.
The Office of Sports, Physical Fitness and Recreation is mandated by the MSU Board of Regents to perform the following functions:
- Recommend and implement approved programs and other projects for the development and promotion of sports, physical fitness and recreation;
- Recommend and implement income-generating projects related to sports, physical fitness and recreation;
- Implement and administer the sports scholarship program of the Institute, and
- Administer the use of sports, physical fitness and recreation facilities of the Institute including the multi-purpose gymnasium.
Specifically, the Office is tasked to perform the following:
- Provide physical fitness programs through weight training, body building, aerobics, slimnastics, karate and other forms of fitness;
- Select and train potential athletes from among the bonafide students of the Institute;
- Promote active participation in competitive sports;
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of recreational programs for IIT constituents; and
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Chancellor.